Sodium Bisulfite known as an inorganic compound widely used in industry to make bleach, preservatives or food additives, etc. To better understand this chemical, please read the article. right below of VietChem.
What is Sodium Bisulfite?
Sodium Bisulfite or Sodium Bisulfite is an inorganic salt with the chemical formula NaHSO3.
Other names: Sodium hydrogen sulfite, sodium hydrogen sulfite, sodium hydrosulfite, sodium bisulfite…
What is Sodium Bisulfite?
Physical and chemical properties of sodium bisulfite
1. Physical properties
Exists in the form of white solid crystals, does not burn and has an unpleasant odor
150 degrees Celsius
solubility in water
Sodium Bisulfite is a white solid with an unpleasant odor
2. Chemical properties
- Effect with metal
Zn + 2NaHSO3 → Zn(OH)2 + Na2SO4
- Decomposes to form water and gaseous oxide gas and sodium salt
2NaHSO3 → H2O + Na2SO3 + SO2
2NaHSO3 → H2O + Na2S2O5
4NaHSO3 → 2H2O + 2Na2S2O4 + O2
NaOH + NaHSO3 → H2O + Na2SO3
Ba(OH)2 + 2NaHSO3 → 2H2O + BaSO3 + Na2SO3
- Reaction with Phenol
NaHSO3 + C6H5OH → C6H5ONa + SO2 + H2O
- Reacts with acids to produce SO2 gas with a pungent odor and bubbles
NaHSO3 + HCl → H2O + SO2 + NaCl
H2SO4 + NaHSO3 → So2 + H2O + NaHSO4
- Add to NaClO solution to limit toxic vapors
NaClO + NaHSO3 → NaCl +NaHSO4
- Reaction with some other substance
2NaHSO3 + MnO2 → H2O + Na2S2O6 + MnO
Cl2 + H2O + NaHSO3 → NaHSO4 + 2HCl
How to Ready Sodium Bisulfite?
- Aeration of excess sulfur dioxide into a sodium hydroxide solution produces sodium bisulfite
NaOH + SO2 → NaHSO3
- Or boil SO2 in sodium carbonate solution
2SO2 + Na2CO3 + H2O + 2NaHSO3 + CO2
- In addition, it is also possible to prepare NaHSo3 compounds by:
H2O + O2 + Na2SO4 → NaHSO3 + NaHSO4
What are the outstanding applications of Sodium Bisulfite?
1. In industry
Because of its low cost and good results, sodium bisulfite is often used in bleaching agents: bleaching paper, wood, cotton and other organic substances, etc. Wood bleaching is a process that removes less lignin. and wood pigments. This chemical is used to change the internal structure of pigments in wood.
In addition, NaHSO3 is also used as a chemical to treat industrial wastewater containing chlorine or bromine. In biochemical works, this compound is used to maintain atmospheric conditions in the reactor.
Sodium Bisulfite is used in wood bleaching
2. In food
- Known as a food additive with code E222
- Used in canned food to prevent bruising and kill harmful bacteria
- As a flavor enhancer for wine and as an antioxidant.
Sodium Bisulfite is used as a flavor enhancer in wine production
3. Enter the role of reducing agent
- Added to large piping systems to prevent oxidative corrosion. In biochemical works, it also helps to maintain the anoxic environment in the reactor.
- As a common reducing agent in the dyeing, leather, paper and chemical synthesis industries due to its reactivity with oxygen:
2NaHSO3 + Oh2 → 2Na+ + 2 SMALL HOUSES+ + SO42-
4. In the laboratory
- Sodium Bisulfite grafts bisulfite into aldehyde groups and cyclic ketones to produce sulfonic acid
- Used as a reducing agent but a weak reducing agent. Helps to remove excess or sufficient chlorine, bromine, iodine, hypochlorite salts, etc.
- As a bleaching agent in refining because it can reduce strong oxidizing agents, conjugated alkenes and carbonyl compounds.
- Main ingredients of Bucherer. reaction
Is Sodium Bisulfite Dangerous?
- Sodium hydrogen sulfite can cause eye and skin irritation, corneal damage and blindness.
- When inhaled, it also irritates the respiratory system with symptoms such as coughing, choking, and wheezing.
- If this compound is ingested, there will be phenomena such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain or stomach bleeding.
- Long-term exposure to NaHSO3 can cause asthma, affecting the central nervous system and the circulatory system.
Some considerations when using and storing Sodium Bisulfite
- Using sodium hydrogen sulfite in food must comply with the allowed chemical content, if used in excess, it can lead to dangerous poisoning.
- This chemical does not burn on its own, but if it encounters a heat source, a combustion reaction will occur, producing toxic SO2 gas.
- As a dangerous chemical, irritating to the skin and eyes, it is necessary to wear full protective gear when in contact with them.
- Store NaHSO3 in a cool, dry place, away from fire as well as sources of heat and direct sunlight.
- Do not store sodium hydrogen sulfite with oxidizing agents or acids or alkalis
- Do not leave the chemical NaHSO3 for too long to avoid being degraded and affecting the quality of the product when used.
Some issues need to be considered when using and storing Sodium Bisulfite to ensure safety control
What is the difference between Sodium Bisulfite and Sodium Metabisulfite?
1. What is sodium metabisulfite?
It is the compound with the chemical formula Na2S2O5, which is the sodium salt of the ion with valence II.
The compound is used as a preservative and disinfectant.
2. The difference between Sodium Bisulfite and Sodium Metabisulfite
Both sodium bisulfite and sodium metabisulfite are salts of sodium. They are mainly used as preservatives, disinfectants or food additives.
- The main difference between NaHSO3 and Na2S2O5 is that Sodium Bisulfite has only one sulfur atom and three oxygen atoms, while Sodium Metabisulfite has five oxygen atoms and two sulfur atoms.
- However, NaHSO3 distributes less sulfites than Na2S2O5.
Where to buy quality and cheap Sodium Bisulfite chemicals in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh?
If you are looking for Sodium Bisulfite chemical, VietChem enterprise is the trusted address for you. Here, sodium bisulfite chemicals are always distributed in large quantities and have many attractive promotions. When shopping at VietChem, you can be completely assured of guaranteed quality, provenance of origin with accompanying documents, our reputation has been proven by the trust and support of buyers. system of buyers across the country during the past 20 years.
For any information about Sodium Bisulfite products, please contact the hotline or leave a comment below the article. VietChem’s consultant system will quickly contact and respond specifically.
You see the post What is Sodium Bisulfite? Did you fix the problem you found out?, if not, please comment more on What is Sodium Bisulfite? below so that bangtuanhoan.edu.vn can change & improve the content better for readers! Thank you for visiting the Website Tran Hung Dao High School
Category: General knowledge
#Sodium #Bisulfite #what is #
Bạn thấy bài viết Sodium Bisulfite là gì? có giải quyết đươc vấn đề bạn tìm hiểu không?, nếu không hãy comment góp ý thêm về Sodium Bisulfite là gì? bên dưới để bangtuanhoan.edu.vn có thể chỉnh sửa & cải thiện nội dung tốt hơn cho độc giả nhé! Cám ơn bạn đã ghé thăm Website bangtuanhoan.edu.vn
Nhớ để nguồn: Sodium Bisulfite là gì? tại bangtuanhoan.edu.vn
Chuyên mục: Kiến thức chung